Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Stubborn, Faith or Stubborn Faith?

As you (probably) know, Brad and I are planning on going to Zambia this Spring Break. (see side counter) Well, to make a long story somewhat abbreviated- we have not had a lot of information regarding our trip and have felt a bit blind. We were also recently informed that we ARE the team- no one else is going with us on this trip!
There comes a point when you have to ask yourself "is this really what GOD wants me to be doing or is this something I want to do and am going to do it no matter what."
A line between stubbornness and faith.
So I was telling a friend of mine this and just asked her to pray that God would make it clear
either way.
I then went to check my email and Brad had forwarded me an email from the director of the school we are going to in Zambia. (Brad had written him about 2 months ago and we hadn't heard any response.) He very enthusiastically told us what he was hoping Brad could do with the music students (which is exactly what Brad does every day of his life so it fits him to a T!) I, on the other hand was reading it thinking "hmm... I better brush up on my piano skills and dust off that theory book!"
Then I read the second paragraph of this email.
His wife runs their "nursery school" and he was hoping "someone on the team would be interested in helping with about a dozen younger children."

...

Ok. For not HAVING a "team"- I think they pegged Brad and I quite accurately don't you?
I, very excitedly and with a bit of chills, quickly called my friend back to let her in on this very clear confirmation.
So with our stubborn faith- we press on!




No comments:

Blog Archive