Monday, February 1, 2010

From "Eh?" to "Ahhh!"


Just for recording family events sake- I thought I'd put a post in here about Jaedon's Adenoidectomyistolgy. Ok, so that's not really a word -

We tried to forewarn Jaedon as much as we could about what was going to happen. Surprises are not his favorite. He didn't love the idea of an IV but fortunately they put it in after the bubblegum-flavored gas put him to sleep so he didn't feel the poke. He also didn't love the idea that he wasn't allowed to eat anything the morning of. He wore a shirt that said "Feed Me" to tell the nurses he'd want to be fed after his surgery. (later to discover he didn't really want food then either)

I had forgotten that the rule of doctor's visits is 'hurry up and wait.' I read more of my book in a morning than I usually get to in a month!
I felt like a "bad mom" because 1. I forgot my camera (ok, that would've been a bit weird but I do tend to like to document stuff with pictures...plus he looked really cute in his little hospital getup.) and 2. I forgot his "JR." (as in junior Asaragus from Veggie Tales...his beloved friend!)
Amazingly enough- we both survived without either.

All went well- recovery room was hard on me. He just looked so little and vulnerable curled up and sleeping.
We were surprised by friends later on who brought him some Sponge BoB chicken noodle soup, balloons, homemade cards, videos to borrow, Star Wars coloring sheets...
isn't friendship sweet?

It was all worth it just to hear him say:
"Mama, can you please turn the music down? It's too loud."
Smile*

1 comment:

Stapes House said...

This post made me laugh and cry! I love that he wore a shirt that said "feed me"...hilarious!! And I love that it went well and that it was worth it. I can only imagine how excited you guys were that he asked you to turn it down. Awesome!!

Blog Archive