Friday, February 19, 2010

Waiting

Several weeks ago in the Bible study I am currently in we ended on a nugget of truth that has had my mind churning ever since.
The question the teacher asked was 'what are your waiting for?'
A new job?
A baby?
A promotion?
An agreeable spouse?
A good's night rest?
A pay raise?
New house or car?
Better behaved kids?
warmer weather? ;-)
Really. What is in your mind that you would say "if I had.... then I'd feel better."
Honestly.

Isaiah 40:31
"Those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength..."

The point is- anything else that we are truly waiting for - and if we're taking an honest soul-searching, Lord-reveal-this-to-me look inside we're all waiting for something- if it's not God's presence ALONE in our lives, then our strength will be depleted.

Oh I so remember being 11 months pregnant with Jaedon (ok, not really...) and waiting...waiting...waiting... his due date came and went... still waiting.
I can attest...my strength was depleted!

I know the feeling of waiting for the call about a job lead- and jumping everytime the phone rang!
Depleted.

I am NOT by nature a patient person by any stretch of the imagination. Waiting on a preschooler???? ;-) DEPLETED!!!!

Only when our wait time is in time with God's time will be not only be strengthened but renewed!
Here's to waiting well.



2 comments:

Anya Plummer said...

thanks for this! :) and i love your tracker to see who checks your blog. :)

The mom~ster said...

i'm waiting for spring myself ;o)

Blog Archive