Monday, November 24, 2008

JAMmin'

One of the things that I've come to appreciate even more about our church (among many things) is their heart for children. They have a saying- "the earlier the better" - and so many people put in a great deal of time to make the children's ministry off the charts. Jaedon this year "graduated" to JAM (which stands for Jesus And Me). They have kids start out in a large room, sing songs together, have a lesson and then they divide by grade to their small group time. It's awesome and Jaedon loves it.

Back in July, when Jaedon decided to ask Jesus to be his personal Savior, he told the "kids pastor" about it. Well, they have done some great follow-ups such as discipleship worksheets that they send to the house for us to do with Jaedon. And a few weeks ago we got a birthday invitiation to come to the clubhouse to have a "sprititual birthday party" for Jaedon. How cool is that?
So yesterday we had a spiritual birthday party. Every child who the party was for (probably about 15 or so) had their own individual cake (!), they had some crafts, some music time and a Bible and hat for the kids as their "birthday present". I thought it was a cool idea and helped us have a springboard for some more discussion too. Jaedon told me on the way home that he wanted to be a JAM worker when he's an adult "because I already have the hat now."

4 comments:

The mom~ster said...

enjoyed the last couple updates...sounds like things are plenty busy there...take care of yourself

Anonymous said...

Oh, gosh, I forgot you invited us to that! I'm so sorry! I don't think we could have come anyway, but I feel bad that I totally forgot! Shame on me!

Bugle Boy said...

Haha! At least he's got some idea of what he wants to do in life...and the right apparel! Praise God for the heart of our church! And, praise Him for Jaedon's salvation!

BeckyG. said...

I totally need that pic of Adrianna and Jaedon! Too cute!
Praising God both our eldest are part of God's family!

Blog Archive