Monday, November 10, 2008

Three- OOOOoooh

Today is a tombstone...I mean milestone for me- I turn 30. Ok- to some it may not be a BIG deal (it is just another birthday afterall)...and to some it's a HUGE deal- no more Twentysomething...
I'm rather- eh about it. It seems like such an "adult age" and I really don't feel mature enough to sport it. I think there must be some unwritten universal rules of turning 30... I suddenly feel the urge to wear SPF in my moisturizer (note the first urge to even WEAR moisturizer), feel the need to schedule a mammogram (jk!), am seriously considering an aerobics class (and not caring how riduculous I look) and think carpools are the greatest invention on earth. OK- so maybe I will be able to "sport" the 30's ... I seem to be on my way to 50 at this rate. (no offense to the...uh... more- experienced -at- life readers).


30 days ago my inlaws showed up at my door bearing two laundry baskets full of gifts. My mom decided to give me 30 gifts (1 each day) for 30 days until my 30th birthday. It has been a lot of fun to have a gift to open each day- anything from toilet paper and toothpaste, to pillowcases (embroidered by my mom) and a garlic press! Thanks, mom, it was very thoughtful of you and fun too!
Brad (semi) surprised me with a birthday party too - very unlike him mind you (which makes it even better! ;) Of course, it's all but impossible to throw a complete surprise party when the person you're surprising is in the house all day long... so I knew SOMETHING was up. He told me "some people" were coming over. 31 people to be exact (a lot of them were under 4 feet tall too! ;) It was crowded, noisy, messy and perfect. I didn't know I had that many friends ;) Thanks, sweetheart- your time is coming!! ;)
Here's to 30- mammograms and all !!









4 comments:

BeckyG. said...

Happy Birthday girl! I'm glad you are finally in the 30's with most of the rest of us! Hope you had a fabulous day and it was all you thought it would be!

Richelle Wright said...

Happy Birthday - looks like a great day!

The mom~ster said...

as long as you don't feel the urge to start wearing "granny underwear"...that can wait until at least 55 **smiles** hope you had a perfect day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from the Farm Crew! I remember when you told me one day that 30 "really isn't that old" and it has to be true today as it was 17 years ago! Congratulations on reaching this milestone--Enjoy it--it to will pass!!:);).....Love ya and thanks for your blog--I Love keeping up in this manner...I also remember to pray for you several time a week this way! PSU

Blog Archive